Welcome to Naohiko Shimizu's Page
- EMM200 patch project: to make EMM200 work with newer HP200LX. Recently
I got a HP200LX/4MB, and I was looking for a new way to make EMS pages.
2MB version of HP200LX will work fine with my patch to EMM200.
- 200LX/2MB patch kit
- 200LX/4MB patch kit
- IrDA connection: Most of my computers running with PC-UNIX(FreeBSD
or Linux). I purchased
Belkin RedEye(about $30.00 street price),
and it works fine with LXTOOLS under the FreeBSD with 9600bps. I uses it for
backuping 200LX. For higher speed, it is required to program RedEye with
RTS,DTR control lines. I will seek a way to control RTS/DTR without /dev/io.
Belkin support was very kind to tell me the programming informations.
It is subset of Crystal Semiconductor's
I tried to make FreeBSD to communicate with 200LX, and got a half
success. This is my checking
software for 200LX datacomm.
I tried 115k, 57k, 38.4k, 19.2k, 9.6k(default),
and found that it works only with 115k and 9.6k.
57k is near miss status,
when FreeBSD send "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNO", 200LX recieved "qrstuvwxyzKLMNO",
I don't know why. Note that "A" == 0x41, "q" == 0x71.
- Japanese localization with free softwares.
I am now setting up Japanese localization environment with free softwares.
Now I am almost finished with it, and can use Japanese with most build-in
softwares except 1-2-3. Following softwares are used for my environment.
- Fontman: Font manager
- YADC: DOS/C display driver
- DSP14: Japanese display driver for SysMgr.
- IBMKEY: Fixing cursor key code
- EXKEY: Map FEP toggle key.
- WXII: Japanese input method(FEP)
- IME100: MS-Kanji interface for SysMgr.
- FEPIO: Bridging software between SysMgr and IME100
- acyadc: Reactivate yadc in SysMgr DOS session. This program is not
publicly available. I just build with DEBUG command within the HP200LX.
For practical, it is required to make some TSR just as
IP ARCH, Inc.