EMM200 Patch for 2MB HP200LX
This is a patch information for EMM200.EXE(Ver.2.00), provided by Naohiko
Shimizu. All information on this page are subject to absolutely no warranty.
You can apply this patch only for HP200LX/2MB model with a 16Mbit DRAM
chip in it. Following steps show the way to make patched version of EMM200.EXE.
If and only if your HP200LX's DOS BIOS data
(0040:00c8-0040:00cb) are "08 00 00 00" , you can use this patch.
Otherwise you must not use this patch. For people with 200LX/4MB model,
I am preparing another patch. It works fine for my 200LX, but because a
lack of configuring program it is still not available publically. Who owns
RAM upgraded 200LX should contact to his dealer. They cannot be supported
by my patches.
- Check compatibility.
- You can check this data with following steps
- Push ctrl+123 buttom so as to start DOS session
- type exactly as followings
The data will be shown, check it.
exit DOS session with exit command
- prepare EMM200.ZIPVer.2.00
- Extract archive on some PC (it can be 200LX also).
- Rename EMM200.EXE as EMM200.BIN by" REN" command of DOS.
- Issue DEBUG command from prompt, as debug emm200.bin
- enter following commands.
Rename EMM200.BIN as EMM200.EXE.
Transfer the programs in the archive and patched EMM200.EXE to 200LX.
- e0a36 07
- e0a41 07
- e1cb8 70
Now you can use some DOS program which uses EMS. If you cannot get enough
EMS pages, try to initialize C: drive with Ctrl-Shift-ON reboot.